Monday, May 22, 2006

renovations

Well, it has been a while since I put anything on my blog. Maybe in part because there has been so much going on.

For those of you who don't know, we (meaning my wife) recently discovered we had a leak in our house. It was easily traceable to our main floor bathroom. The leak had been going on for a while and had rotted some of the subfloor. Thus our adventure begins.

We had to have the bathroom floor repaired so we decided to take out all of the laminate flooring (bathroom, entry, kitchen) which covered most of our main floor, and tile.

My first call was to Chip Bauer Someone I knew through church and got to know more while working on their web site.

This also led to redecorating the bathroom and painting the kitchen. Hey, if you're going to do it now is the time. We also plan on replacing cabinetry hardware and lighting. So it has been a little crazy trying to get everything done.

I had help from Joel Westrum (also from our church) in removing our dish washer. By help I mean I watched as Joel removed the dishwasher.

They are suppose to tile this week. Last night we drove to Wisconsin and met my parents. It is about half way between us and them. Val and Lincoln went to spend the week at my parents. Cooper has school and other stuff going on, so he is staying in Minnesota with me. We got in late last night in which I put him in bed and began cleaning the last items out of the kitchen.

With no baby I slept in this morning and got up around six to do my last minute prepping of the kitchen so I can paint while Cooper is in school.

Anyway, that is what is happening in our neck of the woods.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Can't wait to see the renovations! They have got to be over soon?! Understand if they are not - we are still working on our project!

Chris Good said...

Update update update me. :)