Wednesday, March 15, 2006

no pottery barn



Alright, my big, ugly, worn out, blue chair has made it into the house.

If you want to know the story behind the chair you can ask me sometime, but this chair has been with me to 5 states (Arkansas, Texas, Kentucky, Illinois, Minnesota) In Illinois it sat in our unfinished basement and until recently it sat in our garage.

So why move this piece of junk into the house? Because this is the best baby rocking chair ever. It is big and has big arms, so their is plenty of room for me and baby. But the best thing is it rocks. I know lots of chairs rock, but this one (unlike official lazy boys) rocks when the leg rest is out.

I can't count the number of times I sat in the chair rocking Cooper during the 3am feeding and watching SportsCenter.

I am afraid, however, after I'm done rocking #2, the chair will be going to the garbage man.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You could sign up at HGTV's garage giveaway sweepstakes and win yourself a newly organized done up garage and ask them to incorporate your blue chair into the plan!?!

margaret said...

I am totally serious when I say that we have a chair that looks EXACTLY like yours in our living room right now. Blue with little flecks, cushy arms, I swear it's your chair's brother. I'll agree, it is ugly, but you're right when you say that it's awesome for babies and kids. Dustin still rocks in it with Greta!