Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lincoln Quotes

I am a big fan of Abraham Lincoln. It is why my second son is named after him. Sometimes it is good to reflect on the voices and wisdom of the past.

So here are some quotes from Lincoln:




If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.

No comments: