Monday, January 23, 2006

the door is here

After the long saga with HomeDepot and well after the Christmas decorations have been put away the door is here.

I got a call a week or so ago from HomeDepot that it had arrived. Val was on call this weekend and with all the things going on for church, there was just no way. So today, after Cooper left for school, I went down to and picked it up.

Then, when I got back, I installed it in place of his door. I have a little issues to work out with the handle hardware, but otherwise the installation went well. I had the door up before Cooper got home from school. He was very excited when I told him he got something from Grandma and Grandpa. He asked if it was big and I told him it was bigger than he was.

He ran up to his room and first just saw the white outside and said, "it's a new door." Then he went inside and saw Buzz. I have a feeling is door is going to be shut a lot more.

I told him we would call Grandma and Grandpa tonight, to which he added, "and send them a thank you card." Maybe some things are starting to sink in.

3 comments:

margaret said...

It's a sweet door! I'm glad you finally have it!

Lori said...

Way to go Grandma and Grandpa! Nice door! How special Cooper must feel?!!

Chris Good said...

Cooper...that's a pretty sweet door!